What is the RSN trying to achieve?
The RSN has terms of reference that can be viewed at request.
Broadly, the RSN aims to:
1. Ensure spine disorder patients are treated in the right place at the right time
2. Improve and standardise care across the WM region for spine disorder patients
3. Disseminate and implement best practice across the region
4. Influence and implement national policies and pathways
5. Develop and implement region specific pathways
6. Encourage clinical engagement between spine hubs and partners in the network.
NHS England does require every region to deliver on the following mandatory items:
1. Support implementation of the National Back Pain Pathway
2. Electronic emergency referral system
3. RSN policy for emergency MRI scan: local MRI scan if operational
4. PROMS / PREMS / Complications data collection with admin support
5. Repatriation policy
6. Local MDT in place
7. RSN meeting
8. AQP involvement
9. MRI scanning locally for patient (if elective)
10. Regional plan for service evaluation / audit / research
11. Regional workforce planning
12. Regional spinal training